Over in the Sunshine Coast in Australia. We popped out for breakfast at this great spot in Coolum, had Bircher Muesli and not only did it look stunning it was super delicious.
This is my favourite recipe I use, not only is it simple but delicious too. You can keep it simple or you can add anything you want (and I often do). Such as - dried fruit, fresh sliced fruit, nuts, wheat germ, seeds, berries, and banana.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 oranges (juiced)
- 1 peeled, grated apple
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Make the night before you want to eat it.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and place in fridge overnight.
- Keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.
// Nourish You snapshot
- Rolled oats - boast soluble fibre that can help lower blood cholesterol
- Natural Yoghurt - contains lactobacillus bacteria which helps prevent bowel cancer
- Cinnamon - helps control blood sugar and stimulates brain activity
- Honey - high in antioxidants and immune boosting compounds