This is a super easy recipe. It is a go to in our house, makes a great family dinner or having guest over? no problem they will love it too, serve cold for a snack the next day or pack for a picnic (great cold to.)
- 8 - 10 Chicken drum sticks
- 1 Large lemon
- 1 heaped tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- Put the chicken in a roast dish.
- Put the peppercorns in a mortal and bash into small but chunky pieces (this means the pepper is sweeter than using your pepper grinder). Mix in with olive oil and juice from the lemon.
- Pour over chicken and add bay leaves to chicken and sprinkle salt over chicken.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes turning once. The chicken should be golden and sticky and the edges slightly dark.
Health Benefits of Black Pepper
A pinch of black pepper added to any recipe works as more than just a flavor enhancer. This king of spices is known to offer a number of health benefits while providing an excellent depth of flavor to a dish.
- Improves Digestion. Consumption of pepper increases the hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, thereby facilitating digestion. ...
- Weight Loss
- Skin Care
- Provides Respiratory Relief
- Antibacterial Quality
- Antioxidant Potential
- Enhances Bioavailability
- Improves Cognitive Function